Not all foreign students require a student visa, below we take you through the situations where a student visa is not required.
* Citizens of Australia
* If you hold a New Zealand residence class visa
* Mostly where you hold a current Australian permanent residence visa including a current Australian resident return visa.
* If you are undertaking a course of less than 3 calendar months.
* Study is permitted for up to 3 months in any 12 month period where you hold a temporary visa that is valid for 24 months or more.
* For school age visitor visa holder’s attendance at a primary, intermediate, or secondary school for a single period of study of up to three months per calendar year is permitted. Note the study must finishes within the calendar year and also that school-age visitor visa holders may not study in term one of a school year if they attended a school in term 4 of the previous year whilst on a visitor’s visa.
* If you are on a Working Holiday Schemes you are able to undertake one or more courses of study as long as the total duration of all of the courses does not exceed three or six months depending on the scheme.